Under direct supervision, the Research Data Analyst acquires skills and knowledge of professional concepts in research data analysis, with a focus on machine and deep learning. Projects and research contribution areas are in areas of biomedical research data such as pathology whole slide images, simulated molecular data, phenotypic drug screening data from model systems, and/or transcriptomic data. Works on smaller projects or segments of projects with limited scope and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Programming experience
- Deep learning experience
- Machine learning experience
- Acquiring knowledge of research function. Acquiring ability to perform research analysis duties
- Acquiring statistical analysis, systems programming, and database design skills to perform research analysis duties
- Basic consultation and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and see assigned parts of projects through to completion on deadline
- Computer Science -or- Systems Biology -or- Computational Biology -or- Bioinformatics -or- Biophysics -or- equivalent degree with a computational component, at Bachelor’s or Master’s level
- Python programming experience
- Python data science experience
- Pytorch framework programming experience
- Convolutional neural networks experience
- Transformer, attention mechanisms, and/or recurrent neural networks experience (e.g., LSTM, GRU, etc)
- Computational chemistry experience (e.g., molecular dynamics, docking, virtual screening)
- Biomedical image analysis experience (e.g., pathology images)
Just north of Silicon Valley, the lab’s location at UCSF Mission Bay directly adjoins SoMa district and the heart of SF’s tech and artificial intelligence startup scene.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
How to apply
Please apply through the official UCSF job post.